Join us Thursday, February 9th for a critical conversation with local leaders working on the frontlines of the fight for immigrant rights.
Presented in partnership with the Brooklyn Museum and the Elizabeth A. Sackler Center for Feminist Art, the panel will include experts from organizations funded through our Immigrant Rights Fund, who will discuss the impact on Brooklynites of the Trump Administration's executive order on Immigration. We will talk about specific local resistance strategies and how allies can help.
- Linda Sarsour, Arab American Association of New York
- Lisa Schreibersdorf, Brooklyn Defender Services
- Carl Lipscombe, Black Alliance for Just Immigration
- Murad Awawdeh, The New York Immigration Coalition
- Nayim Islam, DRUM - Desis Rising Up and Moving
With remarks from Bitta Mostofi, Assistant Commissioner at the Mayor's Office of Immigrant Affairs. Moderated by Brooklyn Community Foundation President and CEO Cecilia Clarke.